- M.A in Educational Management University of Bath, U.K.
- Certified Montessori Trainer Montessori Centre International, U.K.
- Representative & Trainer Montessori Teachers College, Toronto
- Diploma in Montessori Method of Education St. Nicholas Training Centre, U.K.
- Certified First Aid & CPR in Child Care Canadian Red Cross
Sherin was born in Mombasa, Kenya where she worked as an early childhood educator for 5 years, thereafter teaching and owning a school for 10 years.
After immigrating to Canada in 2002, Sherin worked in Montessori preschool and day care settings as a teacher, trainer, director and program coordinator for 4 years.
Sherin was an international trainer for Montessori Centre International, U.K. for 7 years before she moved on to represent Montessori Teachers College, Toronto in 2010.
Sherin’s flair for understanding children’s needs and motivating them to enjoy the process of learning resonates with the children in her class; thus bringing out the best in them. A former preschool student of Sherin’s came by to visit one day and this is what she had to say:
“You are the best teacher I have had. You have the coolest stuff in your school and you can tell what we are thinking even before we tell you.”